Bachelor Tourism Management in 3 or 4 years - intro
New developments in consumer behaviour and technology are forcing tourism and recreation businesses to rethink their business models and innovate their operations. Maintaining their position in the fast-paced world of e-business is a challenge which requires traditional companies to develop new products and alternative customer approaches. This is what you will learn during your degree programme in tourism management at NHTV Breda.
Broaden your horizons
- Would you like to know how tourism can contribute to the sustainable development of a destination?
- Why are Travelbird, Booking.com and KLM so successful with their travel products and online customer approach?
- What can you learn about consumer leisure behaviour and how can you align new concepts with this – such as ‘glamping’ or a unique B&B?
- How do you enhance the visitor experience in an attraction park?
- After your graduation in Breda, you can apply your expertise in the dynamic world of tourism or deepen your knowledge with a master’s study.
The range of jobs within the field of tourism is as varied as the tourism destinations that you can think of. Where graduates currently work:
- e-commerce officer in a travel organisation
- yield manager at an airline company
- social media specialist at a city marketing agency
- merchandise manager in an attraction park
- entrepreneur in a recreation business
- marketeer at a tourism board
- sales/account manager for a holiday resort
- tourism destination consultant
Studying International Tourism Management at NHTV has turned out to be the best decision I could have made to combine more travelling with training to become a professional.