You are going to apply for a bachelor’s degree programme at NHTV. NHTV has several application procedures in place, but they all have one thing in common: application for a degree programme starts with registration and submitting a ‘New enrolment application’ to Studielink, the online enrolment tool for universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands. Your enrolment will be definitive once you have completed the entire procedure and once you have paid the tuition fee. Please note that you should arrange your enrolment application before the deadline that applies to the degree programme of your choice (15 January or 1 May).
The different procedures
An extensive description of the procedure and the subsequent steps can be found on the ‘Application (and selection)’ page of the degree programme of your choice.
1. Admission based on admission requirements
Admission is based on admission requirements. Applicants who comply with the admission requirements will be admitted. Students have the right to or are obliged to take part in the Study Choice Check (Studiekeuzecheck).
Deadline for application: 1 May. The Study Choice Check is compulsory for all applicants who apply after 1 May, and the study recommendation resulting from this check will be binding on these applicants.
- Bachelor of Science Tourism
- Bachelor of Science Leisure Studies
- Built Environment
- International Built Environment
- International Facility Management
- Logistics Engineering
- International Logistics Engineering
- Logistics Management
- International Logistics Management
- Tourism Management
- International Tourism Management
2. Admission based on enrolment restriction
Admission is based on admission requirements and enrolment restriction. Every year, a fixed maximum number of students are admitted to the degree programme based on selection.
Deadline for application: 15 January. After 15 January, applying will no longer be possible.
3. Admission based on selection
Admission is based on admission requirements and selection. Applicants are selected based on a set of additional admission requirements determined by the academy.
Deadline for application (Studielink AND selection): 1 May. After 1 May, applying will no longer be possible.
Tuition fee amounts
The statutory tuition fee for the academic year of 2018-2019 is € 2.060,- (for the degree programme of Creative Business, the statutory tuition fee is € 2.566,-). Most students are required to pay the statutory tuition fee. If you are an exception, you will be required to pay the institutional fee of € 9.693,-. Please check this overview to see which tuition fee amount applies to you.
Tuition fee payment
You will pay your tuition fee by means of a digital direct debit authorisation to NHTV. You will receive an e-mail for this purpose, with the request of confirming the direct debit authorisation via your ‘To do’ list in Studielink. Please make sure you arrange this before 1 August. You will receive a message once your direct debit authorisation has been confirmed.
Are you going to pay via a bank account outside the SEPA area?*
If you don’t have a bank account within the SEPA area, you will have to pay the appropriate tuition fee to NHTV yourself, before 1 August. You will find the bank account details in Studielink after you have filled in your payment details in Studielink.
If you qualify for a study grant, you will need to apply for this study grant at DUO, Studiefinanciering. To apply for a study grant (called ‘studiefinanciering’ in Dutch), you will need the official name of your degree programme.
Keep track of your enrolment process
Make sure to keep track of the status of your enrolment application, and stay up to speed on what steps you need to take next (and when to do so!). You can do so via:
- The ‘MyNHTV Applicant’ app: This personalised app gives you information on the progress of your application. The app will also notify you about what steps to be taken next in order to successfully complete the application procedure. Download the ‘My NHTV Applicant’ app in the Playstore or in the iTunes Appstore.
- E-mail: Studielink and NHTV will keep you informed on the progress of your application via e-mail.
- Studielink: sections to be checked regularly are ‘My applications’, ‘My messages’ and ‘My personal details’. This is also where you can view the status of your personal verification and the verification of your previous education.
For any of your questions about the application procedure, please contact:
T: +31 76 533 23 33