Admission requirements for international students
Students from abroad
You can be admitted to the programme with:
- An International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma, including Math Standard or Math Higher.
- A European Baccalaureate (EB) diploma, including Mathematics (3 hrs).
- Another secondary or high school diploma that equals the Dutch vwo diploma, including Mathematics.
English language proficiency
The Bachelor of Science Tourism is taught in the English language. All international applicants, except native speakers, must provide recent evidence of their spoken and written command of English.
The following qualifications are acceptable as evidence of proficiency in English for entry into the Bachelor of Science Tourism programme:
- TOEFL paper-based 550, computer-based 213, internet-based 79-80
- IELTS minimum overall band score of 6.0 (with a minimum sub score of 6.0 for speaking)
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): pass at grade C or higher
- Cambridge First Certificate (FCE): pass at grade B/C or higher
(Note: German students who have done either Leistungskurs, Neigungsfach or Profilfach English are exempt from the TOEFL or IELTS test)