Application and selection for international students
You have decided on a course of study, now it’s time for you to apply. For the academic year of 2018-2019, a maximum of 180 students will be admitted to the Creative Media and Game Technologies / International Game Architecture and Design programme. NHTV is allowed to select 100% of its own students.
For students with a diploma from a non-Dutch educational institution (educational institutions from the Netherlands Antilles included) the application consists of the steps:
- Enrol via Studielink
- Apply via the Online application portal
- Take part in the selection procedure
- Complete your registration: payment of tuition fee
1. Enrol via Studielink
You are to apply through Studielink, the application and enrolment portal provided by the Netherlands Ministry of Education. Please ensure that you submit your application before the deadline, up to and including 15 January.
- Go to Studielink
- Login to your account or create an account if you do not have one yet
- Click “ Add previous education” and add the previous education that provides admission to the study programme of choice
- Click on ‘ Add new enrolment’ or ‘Enrolment application’
- Select your preferred programme and confirm your choice
- Enter the starting month in which you would like to start your programme (1 September) and confirm
- Answer the study programme-specific questions
- Tick the confirmation box and confirm your application
Keep track of your enrolment process
You can track the status of your application on your personal Studielink page and your personalized progress can been seen in the 'My NHTV Applicant App' (download the app in the Playstore or in the iTunes Appstore). If any input from your side is required, you will be informed via email.
2. Apply via the NHTV Online application portal
- Once you have submitted your Studielink enrolment, you will receive an email inviting you to follow up on your Studielink enrolment by applying in the Online application portal.
- In the Online application portal you will be requested to answer additional questions and to upload your application documents; CV, Motivation letter, ID, your secondary school diploma including list of grades and translation (if these documents are not in one of the following languages: English, French, German or Dutch) or your most recent list of grades if you have not obtained your diploma yet.
3. Take part in the selection procedure
The selection procedure consists of two parts:
- online intake assignment
- a Skype interview
Once the admissions officer has checked your educational background, you will receive an invitation by email for the online intake assessment. In this mail you will find instructions about how to proceed. Enter the assessment website with your NHTV Student number and follow the instructions on the website. Make sure you do all the assignments before the deadline of 28 January. If you hand in the main assignment in time, you will be invited for an interview in February or March.
Each study path has its own variation of the intake assignment.
On 15 April you will receive your selection ranking number from Studielink (via e-mail). The applicants with the ranking numbers 1 – 180 will be (conditionally) accepted. This will be communicated via e-mail. If you are accepted, you have to confirm your place via your personal Studielink page.
In case of rejection, you will receive an email as well. More information about the reason for rejection will be available on the assessment site via your personal account. Objection against the outcome is possible via the dispute resolution committee.
4. Complete your registration: payment of tuition fee
The tuition fee is in most cases € 2,060. In order to complete your registration, you need to confirm your digital authorization or pay your tuition fee. More information about payment of tuition fee.
We will keep in touch
During the entire application, selection and registration procedure, NHTV will keep in touch with you through email. Please make sure you read and respond to the instructions in time. And don’t forget to download your “My NHTV Applicant App” to follow your progress and read interesting news for all new NHTV applicants. For questions about the selection procedure, please contact the academy: email@example.com.
- the deadline to register at Studielink is 15 January
- the deadline for the online assessment 28 January
- the intake interviews will take place in February or March
- final results 15 April via Studielink
- Final essential step: confirm your place via Studielink (or else your application will be rejected)