This programme focuses on the Role Based Learning system. The majority of your time will be spent working on projects either individually or in groups, and attending workshops.
What is Role Based Learning?
Project Based Learning (PBL) is an internationally recognised teaching system, used in many of the top games academies around the world, and we are proud to bring this didactical model for games education to the Netherlands. Our teaching system build upon PBL with the addition that we tailor projects to support the learning needs of the students chosen role. Therefore it is called Role Based Learning (RBL).
Good to know
- International Game Architecture and Design is a varied, challenging programme
- You will be working in teams for many hours per week – it is definitely a full-time course of study.
- You will be backed up by industry knowledge and theory
- You build a portfolio, and then step straight into games industry studios or start your own company
- We have high standards. We are looking for people who:
- Understand the roles that they are asking to study
- Are engaged with the games industry from a developer’s viewpoint, not only as a player
- Are already showing their determination by starting to learn in their own time
'I found the passion at NHTV so infectious that I wanted to be a part of it'
'When I came over for the international open day, I found that everyone was so incredibly passionate about what they were doing, both students and teachers.'
Simulated games development studio
At the heart of the course is the simulated games development studio in which you work on projects with a multi-disciplinary team. Many projects are outlined by the facilitators, but some come from real clients who require games for their businesses. You put your knowledge and skills into practice and demonstrate industry-relevant competencies. Students can explore and learn skills in a safe and supportive environment, where there are mentors on hand and experimentation is part of the learning process.
PBL is an internationally recognised teaching system, used in many of the top games academies around the world, and we are proud to bring this didactical model for games education to the Netherlands.