Admission requirements for international students
An equivalent of the Dutch diplomas of higher general secondary education (havo) or pre-university level (vwo) is generally required to enrol on a study programme at NHTV Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Please, find your level of education in the list of Non-Dutch diplomas compared with the Dutch educational system.
After having received your application, NHTV will inform you if you meet the educational requirements. If there is any doubt, NHTV will have your diploma evaluated by Nuffic (the Netherlands Organization for International Cooperation in Higher Education) for advice.
This flowchart of the admission and selection process (pdf) shows how NHTV processes your application.
Test of English as a foreign language
As an international applicant, you will also be required to demonstrate sufficient results of one of these tests:
- CAE (Cambridge Advanced Certificate) or CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- IELTS test (minimum overall band score of 6.0, and minimum subscore of 6.0 for speaking)
- TOEFL test (minimum score of 80 internet-based, and minimum subscore of 20 for speaking)
Exemptions from taking the English test
You do not need to submit English language test results to be allowed to attend an English-language programme if:
- you are a Dutch havo or vwo graduate
- the language of instruction of the secondary school or university you attended or are attending is English in a native English-speaking country (i.e. one of the following countries: Australia, Canada (Quebec excluded), Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States of America)
- you have obtained a diploma that is included in the list of diplomas compiled by Nuffic and one of your exam subjects was English. Check the list of diplomas (pdf)