Application procedure Dutch students
The International Hotel Management programme has a restricted intake of 180 students. This means that if there are more applicants than places available on the programme, the academy will carry out a selection process.
Application consists of three steps:
- registration in Studielink
- sign up for the selection procedure
Only when all these steps have been fully completed, will your application be taken into consideration.
The deadline for both registering via Studielink (step 1) and signing up for the selection procedure (step 2) is 1 May.
1. Registration in Studielink
Your application starts with applying through Studielink. Please apply early, as you will need time for the selection process.
Need any help in the application procedure?
2. Application for the selection procedure
In order to sign up for the selection procedure, please fill in and send the digital application form before 1 May. Please make sure all required documents are included.
If you are eligible, you will receive an invitation for a selection day, during which the academy will determine which candidates will be admitted to the degree programme. Along with this invitation, you will receive an online English test and an online personality test. You will be asked to do both tests at home before the selection day.
The selection day consists of several parts:
- Introduction to NHTV’s International Hotel Management programme
- Selection interview with a lecturer – the results and outcome of the English test and personality test will be discussed during the interview. Apart from these results, your motivation, work and international experience will be topics of discussion.
- 'Speed dating’ – all your questions will be answered by lecturers, students, coaches and/or team members from our in-school training company Sibelicious
- Tour of the building
Within 3 weeks after the selection day, you will be notified whether or not you have been accepted to the programme.
Besides the formal admission requirements, affinity with the hospitality industry and/or proven work experience in this industry are also taken into account. Other selection criteria include analytical skills, understanding of commercial matters, social intelligence, service-oriented attitude, innovative mindset, language skills, independence and entrepreneurial spirit. In addition to this, you must demonstrate your proficiency in English. We will also discuss the level of your second foreign language. Please note that we reserve the right to select only those candidates we think will be the most likely to succeed based on the selection criteria.
Dutch students who have additional questions are kindly requested to contact email@example.com