Unfortunately, it’s no longer possible to apply for the academic year of 2018-2019. Applying for the academic year of 2019-2020 will be possible from 1 October 2018.
Application Dutch students
The Academy of Hotel Management is allowed to select all its students. Make sure you register before 1 May.
In case you have not obtained your secondary school diploma yet, you can already apply by submitting your current grade list.
For students with a diploma from a Dutch educational institution the application consists of three steps:
- Step 1: Enrol via Studielink
- Step 2: Take part in the selection procedure
- Step 3: Complete your registration; payment of tuition fee (when you have been selected)
Step 1: Enrol via Studielink
You are to apply through Studielink, the application and enrolment portal provided by the Netherlands Ministry of Education.
- Go to Studielink
- Login to your account or create an account if you do not have one yet
- Click 'Add previous education' and add the previous education that provides admission to the study programme of choice
- Click on 'Add new enrolment' or 'Enrolment application'
- Select your preferred programme and confirm your choice
- Enter the starting month in which you would like to start your programme (1 September) and confirm
- Answer the study programme-specific questions
- Tick the confirmation box and confirm your application
You can track the status of your application on your personal Studielink page and your personalised progress can been seen in the My NHTV Applicant App. Download the app in the Playstore or in the iTunes Appstore. If any input from your side is required, you will be informed via email.
Step 2: Take part in the selection procedure
Once you have submitted your Studielink enrolment, you will have to follow up on your Studielink enrolment by filling in and send the digital application form before 1 May. If you are eligible, you will receive an invitation for a selection day, during which the academy will determine which candidates will be admitted to the degree programme. Along with this invitation, you will receive an online English test and an online personality test. You will be asked to do both tests at home before the selection day.
The selection day consists of several parts:
- Introduction to NHTV’s International Hotel Management programme
- Selection interview with a lecturer – the results and outcome of the English test and personality test will be discussed during the interview. Apart from these results, your motivation, work and international experience will be topics of discussion.
- 'Speed dating’ – all your questions will be answered by lecturers, students, coaches and/or team members from our in-school training company Sibelicious
- Tour of the building
Within 3 weeks after the selection day, you will be notified whether or not you have been accepted to the programme.
Besides the formal admission requirements, affinity with the hospitality industry and/or proven work experience in this industry are also taken into account. Other selection criteria include analytical skills, understanding of commercial matters, social intelligence, service-oriented attitude, innovative mindset, language skills, independence and entrepreneurial spirit. In addition to this, you must demonstrate your proficiency in English. We will also discuss the level of your second foreign language. Please note that we reserve the right to select only those candidates we think will be the most likely to succeed based on the selection criteria.
Step 3: Complete your registration: payment of tuition fee
The tuition fee is in most cases € 2,060. In order to complete your registration, you need to confirm your digital authorization or pay your tuition fee. More information about payment of tuition fee (in Dutch).
We will keep in touch
During the entire application, selection and registration procedure, NHTV will keep in touch with you through email. Please make sure you read and respond to the instructions in time. And don’t forget to download your “My NHTV Applicant App” to follow your progress and read interesting news for all new NHTV applicants.