Application international students
The Academy of Hotel Management is allowed to select all its students. Make sure you register before 1 May.
In case you have not obtained your secondary school diploma yet, you can already apply by submitting your current grade list.
For students with a diploma from a Non-Dutch educational institution (educational institutions from the Netherlands Antilles included) the application consists of three steps:
- Step 1: Enrol via Studielink
- Step 2: Apply via the NHTV Online application portal
- Step 3: Complete your registration; payment of tuition fee
Step 1: Enrol via Studielink
You are to apply through Studielink, the application and enrolment portal provided by the Netherlands Ministry of Education.
- Go to Studielink
- Login to your account or create an account if you do not have one yet
- Click 'Add previous education' and add the previous education that provides admission to the study programme of choice
- Click on 'Add new enrolment' or 'Enrolment application'
- Select your preferred programme and confirm your choice
- Enter the starting month in which you would like to start your programme (1 September) and confirm
- Answer the study programme-specific questions
- Tick the confirmation box and confirm your application
You can track the status of your application on your personal Studielink page and your personalised progress can been seen in the My NHTV Applicant App. Download the app in the Playstore or in the iTunes Appstore. If any input from your side is required, you will be informed via email.
Step 2: Apply via the NHTV Online application portal
Once you have submitted your Studielink enrolment, you will receive an email inviting you to follow up on your Studielink enrolment by applying in the Online application portal.
- In the Online application portal you will be requested to answer additional questions and to upload your application documents; CV, Motivation letter, ID, your secondary school diploma including list of grades and translation (if these documents are not in one of the following languages: English, French, German or Dutch) or your most recent list of grades if you have not obtained your diploma yet.
- In the online application portal you will also be requested to upload a personal video message. In this video message you will need to convince us why you are the right candidate for the programme.
- After submitting your application, the admissions officer will check your educational background and the English language requirements. If you (conditionally) meet the educational requirements, your video message will be assessed by the academy.
- Within 20 working days after submitting your application, you will be informed whether or not you are admitted to the programme.
- In case of conditional admission, you will be requested to upload your diploma documents and/or English test results in a later stage in the Online application portal. These documents will need to be uploaded at once.
You can track the status of your admission in the Online application portal and in the My NHTV Applicant App.
Besides the formal admission requirements, affinity with the hospitality industry and/or proven work experience in this industry are also taken into account. Other selection criteria include analytical skills, understanding of commercial matters, social intelligence, service-oriented attitude, innovative mindset, language skills, independence and entrepreneurial spirit. In addition to this, you must demonstrate your proficiency in English. We will also discuss the level of your second foreign language. Please note that we reserve the right to select only those candidates we think will be the most likely to succeed based on the selection criteria.
Step 3: Complete your registration: payment of tuition fee
The tuition fee is in most cases € 2,060. In order to complete your registration, you need to confirm your digital authorization or pay your tuition fee. More information about payment of tuition fee.
We will keep in touch
During the entire application, selection and registration procedure, NHTV will keep in touch with you through email. Please make sure you read and respond to the instructions in time. And don’t forget to download your “My NHTV Applicant App” to follow your progress and read interesting news for all new NHTV applicants.