In the academic year 2018-2019 the statutory tuition fee is € 2,060.
You pay the statutory tuition fee if you:
- have the Dutch nationality or the nationality of another country that is part of the EEA, or the Surinamese or Swiss nationality and
- have not already obtained a bachelor's degree from a government-funded programme in the Netherlands at the start of the academic year.
If this does not apply to you, check the tuition fee regulations (pdf) to see whether there are other conditions through which you are eligible for the statutory tuition fee.
In all other cases you pay the institution tuition fee. In the academic year 2018-2019 the institution fee is € 9,693.
information on fee and payment instructions for foreign studentsinformation on fee and payment instructions (in Dutch) for Dutch students
NON-EU students, please take into account the costs of the immigration procedure.
Government intention to cut first-year tuition fees by half
At the moment, efforts are being put into the effectuation of the government’s intention to cut the tuition fees for new first-year students (in the first year only) by half. More information about this intention and progress on its effectuation can be found on the website of the Dutch national government (in Dutch).
Besides the nationally-set tuition fee, please take into account the cost of:
- A laptop (requirements)
- The introduction programme € 135
- propaedeutic phase € 550
- other years, PM
- Company visits and excursion:
- propaedeutic phase: € 400
- main phase I: € 375
- main phase II: € 350
- Purchase uniform for Sibelicious (the training company); an apron, a scarf/ tie and two blouses) € 90
- Facilities of the training company (Sibelicious) and the Food & Beverage components of the curriculum, like utensils/ cutlery, ingredients for kitchen and restaurant facilities € 175
- Intermediary services for your placement abroad in main phase I: € 275 (only if intermediary services are needed)
Note: all prices are subject to change.