In the academic year 2018-2019 the statutory tuition fee is € 2,060.
You pay the statutory tuition fee if you:
- have the Dutch nationality or the nationality of another country that is part of the EEA, or the Surinamese or Swiss nationality and
- have not already obtained a bachelor's degree from a government-funded programme in the Netherlands at the start of the academic year.
If this does not apply to you, check the tuition fee regulations (pdf) to see whether there are other conditions through which you are eligible for the statutory tuition fee.
In all other cases you pay the institution tuition fee. In the academic year 2018-2019 the institution fee is € 9,693.
information on fee and payment instructions for foreign studentsinformation on fee and payment instructions (in Dutch) for Dutch students
NON-EU students, please take into account the costs of the immigration procedure.
Government intention to halve higher education tuition fees
At the moment, efforts are being put into the effectuation of the government’s intention to cut the tuition fees for new first-year students (in the first year only) by half. More information about this intention and progress on its effectuation can be found on the website of the Dutch national government.
If you qualify for a study grant, you will need to apply for this study grant at DUO Studiefinanciering (called ‘studiefinanciering’ in Dutch).
Please note: due to a computer system replacement, ‘DUO Studiefinanciering’ will be unavailable for applying, editing or consulting of study grants from 29 March to 30 April inclusive.
Besides the nationally-set tuition fee, please take into account the cost of:
- A laptop (requirements)
- € 550 first year
- € 450 other years
- The introduction week € 130, including accommodation, food, coffee/tea
- Practical education first year € 100
- International study trips second year, cost depending on destination
Note: all prices are subject to change