In the second semester of the fourth year you carry out a 20-week graduation project.
As with your work placement, the graduation assignment will be at an international company in the Netherlands or abroad, where the business language is English. You carry out a research on a subject commissioned by a company like a consultancy firm or a commercial enterprise in Malaysia, the United States or South Africa. External clients may be TNT or FIFA.
Examples of graduation assignments are:
- A logistics walk-through audit
- Developing a logistics performance measurement system
- Feasibility study of the implementation of new control concepts
- Setting up an activity-based costing system
- Designing a purchase plan
- Vendor management
- Profitability studies
- Simulation studies
- Supply chain analysis
- Packaging control
- Research in changing modes of transport
- Recall programme
- Service management
- Research into the transportation of goods
Thomas tells about his graduation project
Thomas' hard work was rewarded with a 9 for his graduation thesis and a nomination for the national logistics thesis award.
Read about his thesis and his new job.