The International Tourism Management programme offers you the opportunity to finish your degree programme in three years if you already have a pre-university education (vwo or Hochschulereifezeugnis)or a higher professional / university education (hbo/wo) propaedeutic certificate or degree.
If you choose to register for the three-year track, you have to determine two choices in advance:
- as you enrol on the regular programme in year 2, you have to choose one of the four tracks (information can be found below)
- choose a foreign language
Course of study
In this accelerated track you will enter in year 2 of the regular degree programme, as a result of which you may complete your studies in three years’ time.
Before you start with the programme you have to make a choice for one of the following tracks:
- Travel Industry
- Recreation & Hospitality
- Tourism Destinations
- Attractions & Theme Parks Management. NB: this track (only English-taught) will be delivered together with Leisure and Hotel.
You will choose a specialisation in your second year of study. Your options will be:
- Tourism Business (focus on revenue management, sales and entrepreneurship)
- Tourist Experience (focus on behaviour, creativity, knowledge of human beings, inspiration and entertainment)
- Tourism Design & Development (focus on analysis, policy, networking, dynamic context)
- E-Tourism (focus on online tools, online revenue models, online customer profiles, analytics)
You will also do a 20-week work placement. You will choose a host company yourself. Are you going to choose a tour operator, an accommodation provider, an airline or perhaps an attraction park? Is it going to be the Netherlands or would you choose a company abroad? It’s up to you!
In the final year, you will determine whether you would like to complete a minor tho either broaden or deepen your knowledge. There is a wide variety of courses you can take, for example, corporate communication, entrepreneurship or e-business. In the latter half of the year, you will focus on the graduation project, for which you will write a thesis.
You could also choose to combine your graduation project with a year’s work experience at one of our student-run enterprises Newways or YTP@ work. You will work for this student-run enterprise for three days a week and on your graduation project for two days a week.
If your results are good, you will be given the opportunity in the final year to attend the pre-master’s programme in Strategic Business Management and Marketing. Upon completion of this programme, you will have access to a Master of Science (MSc) degree at various universities (which you may complete in one year’s time).
Paulina saved one year by entering the fast track
'I have already gained a lot of experiences, both professional and personal (read 'fun' ) ones!'