Recreation & Hospitality
Are you enterprising, service-oriented, commercial and creative? Then the Recreation & Hospitality specialisation area would be just the perfect choice for you!
What will you learn?
You will be extensively introduced to the national and international recreation and hospitality industry and find out what present-day guests are like. You will acquire knowledge and understanding of the operations of a business and learn how to run a business as a successful manager. You will set to work on topics such as leadership, personnel, finances, business operations, and business processes. You will learn how to develop meaningful experiences for your guests. The skills you will develop relate to areas like leadership, guest-centric and service-oriented operations, and thinking from a commercial perspective.
In addition to 6 general modules, you will attend 6 course modules which relate specifically to this specialisation area:
- Awareness in Recreation & Hospitality (What does the recreation and hospitality sector require from you as a hospitality manager?)
- Leadership and foundation in Recreation & Hospitality (How does a business in the recreation and hospitality sector become successful?)
- Touchpoint People in Recreation & Hospitality (Is personnel the most critical factor to the hospitality manager in the recreation and hospitality sector?)
- Touchpoints Setting and Process in Recreation and Hospitality (How does the hospitality manager set up a business in the recreation and hospitality sector in the most efficient way? )
- Pricing in Recreation & Hospitality (How price-conscious is the hospitality manager in the recreation and hospitality sector?
- Self-awareness in Recreation& Hospitality (Are you a genuine hospitality manager? )
Which companies are related to this specialisation area?
Companies from the national and international recreation and hospitality industry which offer overnight and/or daytrip facilities. For instance, Ardoer campings, Center Parcs, Disneyland (resorts), Efteling (resorts), Kennemer duincampings, Landal GreenParks, and Roompot holiday resorts.
In this video, lecturer Noortje van der Poel gives more information on the Recreation & Hospitality track.