In the third year of the programme you will do a 20-week placement. The programme boasts an extensive international network, which means that there are many options in terms of placement positions. You can make use of this network or set out to look for a suitable placement position yourself. You will gain practical, operational experience, which is a perfect way to prepare for your future career in the tourism and recreation industry. A work placement abroad is mandatory, unless specified otherwise by the academy. International students may perform their work placement either in the Netherlands or abroad.
Examples of placement host companies and placement assignments:
- Celine - Caribbean Tourism Organisation in London. Carried out research into the possibilities of getting Dutch young adults to travel to the Caribbean.
- Pieter – Custom-made safaris in South Africa. Developed a programme for a new trip.
- Pam - marketing department at a tour operator in Australia. Did research into a new social media strategy.
- Janneke - Srprs.me. Carried out market research into the various target groups of the organisation in order to be able to compile suitable holiday packages.
- Kristina – Nature Trail Travel & Tours Nepal. Did research into the company’s sustainability and made recommendations to improve this sustainability.