Admission and application
Number of participants:
Maximum of 15 - 30 students.
Professional attitude and profile:
In view of the business-oriented and academic graduation profile, we mainly expect to attract ambitious students with a full measure of curiosity and as a result, an inquisitive and investigating, commercially-oriented mindset.
We will focus on the top 10% students of NHTV who have already proven their intellectual competences in the professional bachelor's programmes.
Being receptive to other cultures and modes of thought is indispensable.
- You have completed secondary school.
- Three years of professional bachelor's programme in business-related studies (successfully completed = 180 ECTS). This means that you are not allowed to be behind academically the moment you embark on this track. Also short track students can apply.
Test Of English as a Foreign Language
As a non-native speaker of English, you must also show sufficient results of one of these tests:
- CAE, Cambridge Advanced Certificate or CPE, Certificate of Proficiency in English
- TOEFL test (minimum score 80 internet-based or 213 (computer-based) or another test with a 6.0 score in Advanced English.
How to apply?
To start with the Strategic Business Management and Marketing programme, you need to be selected.
The selection procedure is as follows:
- Send a well-motivated application letter (1), with CV and recent photograph (2), and full result list (3) to Laurent Snoeckx (SBM Programme Manager). You can send your letter by e-mail (or postal mail) to Snoeckx.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In your CV, please state your current contact details, your previous education, your third-year placement, experience abroad (if any) and your command of languages.
- Based on the letters, applicants will be invited for an intake interview. In this interview, we will examine your motivation for this graduation track and your academic results.
- After the intake interviews, personal appointments will be made for the purpose of the assessment and selection. Deadline: as soon as the selection limit of 30 students is reached.
After you got granted access by the program manager:
- Current NHTV students:
If you are currently studying at NHTV please re-enroll via Studielink for your current course.
- Other students:
You have to apply through Studielink, register for Academy for Tourism, International Tourism Management and submit your email confirmation for the premaster Strategic Business Management and Marketing. When applying you must state that you do not want to start in Year 1. Instead choose NO and state you would like to start in Year 4.
- Once your selection for the Strategic Business Management and Marketing programme is confirmed, further practical information will be send to you via email by the SBM-secretary.