The Master in Game Technology is an excellent match for the bachelor's programme Creative Media and Game Technologies / International Game Architecture and Design. Alternatively, students are eligible if they hold a bachelor's degree in the field of ICT, Graphical Design or Games.
To prepare for this master’s programme, you will have to write a project proposal that summarises one or more of your research ideas. This proposal will be evaluated and discussed during your intake interview.
Apart from your project proposal, criteria for admission are also your educational background, language skills and personal qualities and motivation. Work experience in any field is preferred, though a study-related work experience (e.g. work placement) may be accepted as an alternative. Depending on your test results, work experience and the field of study of your first degree, an additional course may be required for admittance to the programme.
This flowchart of the admission and selection process for international applicants (pdf) shows how NHTV handles your application.
Test of English as a foreign language
As an international applicant, you will also be required to demonstrate sufficient results of one of these tests:
- CAE (Cambridge Advanced Certificate) or CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- IELTS test (minimum overall band score of 6.0, and minimum subscore of 6.0 for speaking)
- TOEFL test (minimum score of 80 internet-based, and minimum subscore of 20 for speaking)
Exemptions from taking the English test
You do not need to submit English language test results to be allowed to attend an English-language programme if:
- you are a Dutch havo or vwo graduate
- the language of instruction of the secondary school or university you attended or are attending is English in a native English-speaking country (i.e. one of the following countries: Australia, Canada (Quebec excluded), Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States of America)
- you have obtained a diploma that is included in the list of diplomas compiled by Nuffic and one of your exam subjects was English. Check the list of diplomas (pdf)